I am sorry, but we are not offering refunds. Please understand that we have many unrecoverable fixed costs on this event. We are working our butts off to come up with fair (or more than fair!) alternatives for you and will have an update ASAP. Unfortunately I am getting bombarded with emails asking for a refund and simply can not respond to all of them, so here is my statement to you:
I am sorry to inform you that we are not offering refunds. Obviously we can not control the weather, nor can we overrule a decision by the DCR or Mass. State Police. They have determined that the race must be canceled due to concerns for public safety. Meanwhile, we are coming up with options that many other event directors would never even consider.
Please understand that we are not a bunch of greedy people laughing over the forecast and counting how much money we’ve just scammed from you. We are a team of good people and dedicated volunteers trying to raise money for cancer charities while putting on a great event for you, the runner. Heck, we let cancer patients and survivors participate for free! And if that’s not enough to help you understand our decision, please refer to the statement which appeared on our website from last November until yesterday: ”If snow is in the forecast for race-day, event may be postponed to Sunday, February 13th.”
Here’s a screenshot from the cache: